Social distancing can be boring, but it can also result in a lot of memories with your children. While you can’t invite a photographer into your home right now without breaking the rules of social distancing, you can work on your mom-tographer skills with your Iphone using these easy tips:
- Put your Iphone in portrait mode.
- Set the depth setting to F4.
- If you’re inside, place your kid near a window. Stand near the window and take the phone in the direction of the light. This will help you avoid the photo becoming fuzzy because of the light.
- Don’t like the lighting? Change the photo to black and white!
- To make sure your child is in focus, tap on their face on the screen.
- Don’t stand too close to your kid, so that portrait mode can create a beautiful blurry background. Stand close, but not too close.
- Google the rule of thirds! Rather than putting your child in the middle of the frame, activate your grid lines and place your subject on the intersection of two of those lines.
- Print your photos using the Artifact Uprising App. My favorite for iphone photos is this book: https://www.artifactuprising.com/photo-books/softcover-books